Module 6: Chapter 6: The Atom and Elements Discussion

Number of replies: 0
This discussion aligns with the following Module 6: Chapter 6: The Atom and Elements objectives:

1. Describe the Electron Configuration of an Atom by using the Bohr Model (CLO2(CLO6))
  2. Compute the Atomic Mass of an Atom (CLO5)(CLO6)(CLO7)
  3. Identify Isotopes of Common Elements (CLO6)(CLO7)(CLO8)
  4. Use the Periodic Table to Obtain Information (CLO6)(CLO8)

Do not start a new thread. Simply reply to my posting. 

Be sure to comment on at least two of your classmates' postings. Your response should be at least 5 sentences long. This includes responses to classmates' posts. Your replies must be more than a simple phrase like "I agree" or "I like your answers". Replies should reflect why you agree or like what has been posted. Your replies must reflect a genuine effort to engage your fellow classmates regarding the comments provided or the problem that has been solved. Please think about the questions and your peers' responses and reply thoughtfully and courteously, according to netiquette rules. Use good English grammar, correct punctuation, and complete sentences. While the posts will mostly be judged by their thoughtfulness and completeness, I reserve the right to take off points for grammatical errors, especially if they interfere with the clarity of your post.

Your initial posting is due on Monday by 11:59 pm CST. Your responses to 2 of your classmates are due on Saturday by 11:59 pm CST. 

This discussion is worth a maximum of 10 points. The rubric for the discussion is in the Syllabus

Please post your answers and replies to the discussion questions below 

• Draw a diagram and describe the Bohr model of the hydrogen atom.
  • How can you apply an understanding of atoms in your everyday life?
  • Discuss two careers that directly relate to understanding atoms.
  • Define the atomic mass unit and average atomic mass.
  • State the periodic law and explain the organization of elements in the periodic table.