Module 4 Discussion Forum (MLO 4.2 & 4.4)

Number of replies: 0

Forum Instructions

Your first post is due on Wednesday by 11:59 pm CST. Your response to another student is due on Friday by 11:59 pm CST. 

Your response should be at least 1 paragraph long. This includes responses to other students' posts.  A simple “I agree” or “Yes” or “LOL” will not count. Please think about the questions and your peers' responses and reply thoughtfully and courteously, according to netiquette rules. Use good English grammar, correct punctuation, and complete sentences. While the posts will mostly be judged by their thoughtfulness and completeness, I reserve the right to take off points for grammatical errors, especially if they interfere with the clarity of the post. 

Prompt

In Module 4, we learned about the hiring practices for law enforcement careers. 

For this discussion board, pretend that you are a potential candidate for employment. 

What are your thoughts about the criteria for hiring? Do you deem the requirements fair or just? Also, I discussed the requirements that were waived or reduced for NOPD, do you think this is a good idea? Review the requirements and the waived requirements in Chapter 4. In this forum, discuss the requirements in depth with your classmates. Be sure to respond to at least one of your classmates. Please reference the Chapter 4 in your initial and response post.

This Discussion assesses Course Outcomes 1 and 4, and Module Learning Objectives 4.2 and 4.4.